Abu Dhabi is the capital of the United Arab Emirates. It is located on an island in the Persian Gulf. It is the largest of the seven emirates. It is a well-ordered city with a waterside location. The discovery of oil transformed this obscure little fishing settlement into a sprawling metropolis. From a tourist perspective, Abu Dhabi is a pretty attractive destination with lots to see, while special emphasis is given to some of the beautiful monuments like beautiful Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, which is a major attraction. The city is very pretty as it is located on a T- shaped island. Here, you can experience best Abu Dhabi attractions for families.
Top Abu Dhabi Attractions – Famous Amusement Parks in Abu Dhabi
If you are traveling with kids Abu Dhabi has plenty of attractions, which the kids will enjoy. Also, there are some of the most amazing water parks and amusement parks in Abu Dhabi, which the kids will most definitely enjoy along with the grownups. A few of Abu Dhabi Attractions for kids are listed below.
1. Ferrari World: As the name suggests this is a branded theme park with a special emphasis on the formula one racing thrill. This is one of the city’s top-most attractions. People come here to experience the thrill. Kids can drive on the junior GT track and test their driving skills. For older kids, there is the flying Aces Rollercoaster ride which has a speed of 120 km per hour on a 52-meter loop. You can take a tour of the Ferrari factory. There is a collection of Ferrari car models dating back to 1947. And for car freaks, there is a Ferrari knowledge game show where you can test your knowledge of Ferrari.
2. Yas Waterworld: Want some respite from the desert heat? Head down to Yas Island at the Yas water world! This water park is a humongous theme park with some of the most incredible rides with an inner- tube river ride, water slides and world’s first hydro magnetic tornado water rafting ride, the Jebel Drop a free fall speed water slide and the world’s largest surfable sheet wave. And after all this excitement you can unwind in the numerous cafes and restaurants. Or go shopping in the various shops. There is an area with water activities for families with small children.
3. Murjan Splash Park: This is a water park for kids, which has a plays cape with slides and a lazy river and bumper boats. It is a great place to take your kids out for a splash and also a good family outing. The staff manning the center is helpful and the place is clean and well maintained. This is a good spot which tourists enjoy coming to. Abu Dhabi is well connected with the world and many international airlines are operating in Abu Dhabi.
4. Emirates Park Zoo: As the name suggests it is a park and a zoo rolled into one, an excellent place for an outing for the family especially if you have little ones. There are a great variety of animals in this wildlife park like white tigers, elephants, giraffes, zebra, and Siberian bear among others. Then there are primates such as monkeys, apes, and others. There is even a flamingo park with sea lions. There is a petting section where children are allowed to pet and feed the domestic animals.
5. Kidoos Entertainment: This is an entertainment park for kids, located inside a mall. The place is very popular with kids and their parents. There are numerous rides which the kids will enjoy and the price is reasonable too. There are some very nice activities lined up for the kids like climbing and siding. There is a multi-story play area in addition to the electronic games. There are a snack counter and even a hair salon. The safety of the kids also given due importance and the park has all the safety measures in place.
Read About Top Places to Visit in Sharjah