Goa, one of the a hot tourist destination in India. Goan food is one of the biggest reasons why number of tourists visited to this beautiful state. My trip to Goa would be incomplete without trying the delectable Goan Fish Curry. I have always enjoyed having the curry with rice. Goan fish curry is spicy, tangy and largely non-vegetarian. I learnt an easy recipe in my recent trip to Goa. Here I wish to share this Goan recipe with my readers.
How to make Goan Fish Curry Recipe
- Raw Mango- 1 in number
- Pomfret- 1 medium sized
- Ginger- 1 inch piece
- Coconut Scraped- 1/2
- Kashmiri Chillies- 6 in number
- Garlic- 3 Cloves
- Peppercorns- 5-6
- Coriander Seeds- 1 tsp
- Fenugreek Seeds- 1 pinch
- Cumin Seeds- ½ tsp
- Green Chilly- 1 in number
- Turmeric Powder- ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
Method Of Preparation
- You must first clean, slice and salt the fish and keep it aside.
- In a grinder, you must now blend ginger, chillies, fenugreek seeds, peppercorns, garlic, coriander seeds, ginger, scraped coconut, cumin seeds, and turmeric powder. Proceed to add a little water to smoothen the process.
- You can now transfer the blended mixture to the dish in which you will cook the fish. Then add more water or coconut milk to the dish. Coconut milk is always the better option.
- Bring the mixture to a boil. You can add more slit green chillies if you want it to be spicy. Once the gravy comes to a boil, proceed to add fish to it.
- Now you can add raw mango and let it cook further. The raw mango gives the dish that typical sour flavour. The Goan Fish Curry is prepared and ready to be served. It goes best with rice.
This Goan Fish Curry recipe is a staple food usually eaten with rice and naan like traditional Indian food.
Read About Traditional Goan food Recipes